Below are some additional resources to learn more about this growing problem, and what you can do to help address it.
Non- Profit Groups:
From the Government Accountability Office:
From the Social Security Advisory Board:
Books. Papers, and Presentations:
- The Financial and Economic Consequences of an Exploding Debt, Leonard E. Burman, The Urban Institute, 2009
- Fiscal Days of Reckoning, C. Eugene Steuerle, The Urban Institute, November 2009
- Restoring Fiscal Sanity 2007: The Health Spending Challenge, Alice Rivlin and Joseph Antos, The Brookings Institution, 2007
- Sustained Budget Deficits: Longer-Run U.S. Economic Performance and the Risk of Financial and Fiscal Disarray, Peter Orszag, Robert E. Rubin, Allen Sinai, The Urban Institute, 2004
- How U.S. Debt Endgame Might Occur, Desmond Lachman, AEI Online, November 2009
- Inflation Scare: Crazy but Real, John H. Makin, AEI Online, July 2009
Videos and Voices
Note: These videos were not created by the Choosing the Nation’s Fiscal Future report’s sponsoring organizations, and we cannot be responsible for any omissions or errors.